We all have a responsibility to protect our environment and at Just Helpers we are aware of the impact that cleaning products can have on the planet.
We strive to just do the right thing in all areas of our agency; from paying the London Living Wage to our Helpers, to providing some reviews on products that are kinder to our planet. We aim to make a difference and help you make the choice that is right for your home.
6 reasons why I love Ecover products.
- In my opinion it has a gentler less obtrusive smell – and it leaves a fresh and subtle perfume. My mum was the first person to introduce me to Ecover, and the smell takes me back to fond memories of her.
- I love its extensive range. From dishwasher tablets, toilet cleaner, hand wash, laundry detergent, floor cleaner to multipurpose sprays. Ecover cover everything you could need.
- They were the first person to champion green, plant based cleaning products: In 1993, UNEP awarded Ecover for “outstanding achievements in the protection and improvement of the environment”. ]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecover
- Refill centres can be found in many areas, usually in health food shops. This reinforces their authenticity in terms of decreasing harmful packing in the environment. You simply take your current container and refill it or bulk order from Ecover to refill at home. I felt a great sense of achievement being able to do this when I lived in Finsbury Park
- Their packaging for dishwasher tablets for example, is made from 95 per cent recycled cardboard, and even the plastic wrappers, which are necessary to protect the tablets from moisture, are completely biodegradable.
- Finally the last thing I love is that Ecover is certified a cruelty-free company. That means that caring philosophy is integral to all areas of their company. Be that humans involved in every level of their business, animals and plants.
So, my question to you is this: Are you ready to ditch the bleach for a more environmentally friendly option such as Ecover? Our Colleagues and their clients are divided! A few clients comment that greener products are not as effective at removing tough stains or stubborn limescale. Whereas other clients swear by Ecover’s limescale remover.
So the vote is out
Might I suggest that next time you need to stock up on your products why not try Ecover or a similar brand. Please let us know your views at @JustHelpers1 on Twitter or on our Facebook page Just Helpers. We would love to hear from you.
One thing that is undeniable is that humans are having a significant effect on our planet. If we can move to more environmentally friendly products then our marine, animal and plant life would all say thank you.
Antoinette and the Just Helpers Team x
Ecover also give discounts if you sign up to their newsletter or open an account. Click here for more information.
References – http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/house-garden/kitchen-accessories/10-best-natural-cleaning-products-biodegradable-washing-up-liquid-dishwasher-toilet-cleaner-soap-a7833311.html
Need a little help with your cleaning?Hire a helper