Are you wondering about the cost of hiring a cleaner for your home?
A clean and orderly space is essential for a comfortable and healthy style. But with busy lives, it can be a challenge to fit in a thorough cleaning routine. Is it time to call in the professionals?
The cost of hiring a cleaner
Your first consideration might be the cost of hiring a cleaner. How much can you expect to pay, and how long will your cleaner stay?
Of course, paying for cleaning in your home is an additional regular expense. And at a time when we are all watching our budgets, the cost of hiring a cleaner might feel painful.
Peace of mind
But the peace of mind of having a clean home (and your weekends back!) is priceless. Knowing someone reliable is taking care of your cleaning can feel like a giant weight has been lifted from your shoulders. It can give you more time to relax, or to get other things done. You no longer need to feel stressed about your home, because you know it is consistently and thoroughly cleaned.
Calculating the cost
The cost of hiring a cleaner in the UK can vary significantly. Your location, the size of your property, and the level of service you need are all factors in this. On average, the hourly rate for a cleaner in the UK in 2023 is £18.75, with a range from £12 – £33ph. However, this figure should be higher in London and larger cities, and lower in more rural areas.
- Basic tasks like dusting and vacuuming generally cost less than more specialised tasks such as deep cleaning, washing windows or cleaning upholstery.
- Regular cleaning appointments (e.g. weekly or bi-weekly) may cost less per visit compared to one-time or occasional deep cleaning sessions.
- If you require additional services like laundry, ironing, or oven cleaning, these can add to the overall cost.
- If your home is larger and has more rooms, this will obviously take longer to clean. So you can expect to pay more, accordingly.
- Some cleaners bring their own cleaning supplies, while others may ask you to provide them. Again, this is a factor in the cost of your clean.
How long will my cleaner stay?
On average, a standard cleaning session usually lasts between 2 and 4 hours. A larger property will take longer. But here are a few more things to think about when you consider how long your cleaner should stay.
- A regular, maintenance clean may take less time than a more intensive deep clean
- If your home has several bathrooms, this can impact the duration of your cleaning session
- A cluttered space will take longer to clean – so a quick tidy round beforehand will speed things up for your cleaner
- If you have asked for extra tasks such as ironing or oven cleaning, this will extend your cleaning visit.
- A more experienced cleaner will often work more efficiently – giving you a faster, better clean.
Do your research
Before you hire a cleaner, it’s a great idea to research cleaning providers in your area. Get recommendations from friends and neighbours, and check out reviews on Trustpilot.
Arranging your cleaning through a reputable provider will give you peace of mind and ensure you have a clear point of contact if you have any concerns. It’s also great to know your cleaner is being paid fairly and treated with respect.
Take a look at the different services available and see what suits your needs and your budget.
Many cleaning services offer an initial consultation to assess your needs. They can provide you with a free quotation for the cost of hiring a cleaner through them, and how many hours of cleaning you need.
Remember, the investment in a cleaner not only saves you time and effort but also contributes to a healthier and more enjoyable living environment. Whether you opt for regular cleaning or occasional deep cleans, having a cleaner can be a game-changer, making your home more relaxing and welcoming. Isn’t that well worth the cost of hiring a cleaner?
I’m Antoinette and the CEO of Just Helpers Cleaning Agency. I’m passionate about social justice and empowering people to find their joy, work from a place of strength and positively impact the world around them. When not trying to save the world 😉 I love cooking up a storm in my kitchen and eating and chatting around a table with friends. Find me at antoinettedaniel.com.Visit my website